Why Life Groups?
LIFE GROUPS ARE A PLACE TO DEVELOP AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY AND LASTING FRIENDSHIPS.
- Life Groups are a predictable and safe environment.
- They provide excellent support and care in times of crisis, change and stress.
- A Life Group environment is inviting and relaxing.
- They’re a great environment for the development of accountability, a sense of belonging and caring.
LIFE GROUPS FOSTER LEADERSHIP SKILLS.
- You’ll develop leadership skills you never knew you had!
- Groups provide an environment to discover and develop your spiritual gifts by serving one another.
LIFE GROUPS PROVIDE FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTS TO BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARE YOUR LIFE.
- Some people are more willing to visit a home than a church.
- You’ll have a natural way to share Christ with friends, relatives and work associates.
- Many people need to belong before they believe.
LIFE GROUPS ARE A SAFE PLACE TO SURRENDER YOUR HEART TO GOD AND OTHERS IN WORSHIP AND PRAYER.
- You’ll be introduced to several forms of small group worship including prayer, Bible study, and communion.
- Prayer will become more meaningful to you.
- You’ll receive prayer support from other people and support others through prayer.
LIFE GROUPS ARE THE OPTIMAL ENVIRONMENT FOR SUSTAINED LIFE CHANGE.
- Groups help you connect with other believers, which is critical for spiritual growth.
- They are ideal for mutual encouragement and growth.
LIFE GROUPS ARE FLEXIBLE.
- Groups can meet anywhere – homes, restaurants, offices and more!
- They can meet anytime of the week.
- You can attend more than one group.
- Groups can schedule their meetings and activities to coincide with the schedules of their members.
Life Group Characteristics
- THEY MEET WEEKLY or BI-WEEKLY: Don’t know where to start? We have a group that meets most evenings.
- GREAT FRIENDSHIPS: They have 3 or more people attending, including the leader. In a Life Group, you’ll make friends that will last.
- THEY DEVELOP THE WHOLE PERSON: Each group includes one of the following: prayer, worship, Bible study, and/or testimonies. Each is designed to take you deeper in your walk with Jesus.
- EACH GROUP IS APPROVED: Leaders, groups and teaching materials are approved and supported by the church pastors and the leadership team.
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING: Nothing is better than on-the-job training. Life Groups help develop group members into future leaders.
- PROVIDES A SAFE ENVIRONMENT: Life Groups encourage members to invite people outside the church and make them feel welcomed.